Imagine an island hideaway where you wake to a caressing trade wind and spend the day exploring pristine beaches where yours are the only footprints.
You might then float among jewel-colored fishes in one of the calm lagoons protected by reefs that encircle the islands.
Aitutaki lies 140 miles north of Rarotonga and is the most popular of all of the Southern Group Islands because of its magnificent lagoon scattered with many uninhabited beautiful Islands.
The lagoon is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the Pacific and was previously a favorite stopover for the flying boat service operated by Tasman Empire Airways (TEAL) now known as Air New Zealand.
Imagine spending the day on a deserted island with white sandy beaches surrounded by swaying palms and a crystal clear turquoise lagoon.
Tangikaara Beach House offers superb waterfront accommodation for the couple or family that seek privacy amidst paradise. This is an ideal Beach House for a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) with:
- a studio style layout a separate bathroom/toilet, including gas hot water shower and vanity
- a fully self-contained with modern kitchen facilities including gas hob, large fridge/freezer, water filter, breakfast bar, quality crockery (six piece setting) and cooking utensils
- a queen size flexi-slat bed a fold out futon couch, and a ceiling fan. There is no insect screens as we prefer the ocean breeze, but there are mozzie nets that completely cover the beds so you can sleep in peace should the occasional mozzie come to visit. There are also mozzie coils
- automatic washing machine
- a large deck over looking the lagoon
- a BBQ on the deck – perfect for sunset dining
- two kayaks for fishing or just paddling on the lagoon
- a separate outside shower for rinsing off after a swim
- an on island manager who picks you up from the airport on arrival and drops you back again on departure